Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I live in Indiana, I had filed chapter 13 in 1998 it was paid

I live in Indiana, I had filed chapter 13 in 1998 it was paid off in full in 2004. In 2004, I had cancer colon surgery, I was hospital from May 26, to July 14,2004. My husband supposely had dementa, he put all the mail up, but couldn't remember where he put it. My husband died Febuary 1,2006. I did not know that the chapter 13 was paid in full Jan,& Feb.2004. I kept getting letters from different lenders that they could lower payments,kept ignoring them until I received a phone call from Catherine Lord of PRIME FINANCIAL GROUP located at 8585 Broadway Suite 695 Merrillville, IN. 46410. Catherine Frauded me claiming I had a mortage balance of $67,000, I was confused not only did I not only was greeving about my husbands quick death,I was worried because Sept.2006, I had breast cancer surgery, trying to live. 2007 is when I was frauded , the Financial Co. was FIRST FRANKLIN BANK,with a pay off balance of over $92,000. I found the papers my late husband put away in 2004. What can be done?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

You should report the fraud to the Indiana Department of Financial Institutions (http://www.in.gov/dfi/2333.htm). They'll assist you with filing a formal complaint and will investigate the matter.

They'll help you get things straight if you have been defrauded.