J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience and training in real estate matters.
15393114

What does Florida statutes Section 721.07(6) mean

Customer Question

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 5 years ago.

The purpose of the statute is to require those who sell interests in timeshares to fully disclose all the costs of the timeshare in the contract and to provide those disclosures to the buyer prior to the sale.

In addition, it requires that all contracts contain a ten day cancellation option. And that a full refund is due upon such cancellation and must be made within 20 days.

Please let me know, if you have follow-up questions.

The information is provided for discussion and entertainment purposes only. I believe in helping people and answering their questions and providing information and solutions. To encourage and facilitate this practice, it is understood and agreed by the recipient that by opening, reading, accepting, and viewing this information, no attorney-client relationship has been discussed, agreed to or otherwise established. It is understood that by posting to this site, your information is made public and no attorney-client confidence is created or possible.

In legal matters, time is of the essence. As such, you should contact an experienced lawyer right away to protect your legal rights!

I appreciate your "Accepting" my answer if it has been helpful to you. Doing so allows me to continue helping in this manner. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does the law limit them giving me an extra day if they want to extend the 10 days to 11 if they want to?
No. It requires a minimum of ten days, but does require a maximum. If they are willing to give you eleven days in writing, then that is perfectly legal.
J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience and training in real estate matters.

Your supplemental information came up after I posted.

Your understanding of the law is correct. The law was created for the protection of the consumer. The ten day is a minimum, not a maximum. The argument of the company is not genuine.