lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney with expertise in easements

How many feet if any does a fence have to be off the property line in Dickson County

We have an existing fence on our property that we built 2-4 foot inside our property line. A developer has purchased the property behind us and has made mention of trying to have us remove the fence on the back side of the property. I am curious to know if I need to move my fence so many feet inside the property line.
You do not have to construct a fence on the property line and there is no requirement that it be so many feet off the line. I recommend that you send the developer a certified letter stating that the fence is not on the property line and that he is not to trespass across the property line.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So just to clarify, as long as the fence is already on or inside of our property line, there are no codes or easement issues, etc that would be a reason to remove or relocate the fence. Is that correct?
That is correct.