INFOLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

Mortgage Reassignment

I am attempting to have my mortgage reassigned through my exisiting bank that holds my loan. Well over a month later they tell me that they cannot find my original paperwork from the closing so they will not be able to do this unless I can produce the paperwork from my last reassignment with them. What are my options? They are now basically saying its tough on my and making it my problem to find this paperwork that they lost.
You can demand they continue to search. This is paperwork they would need to enforce the claim as well.    
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If they refuse as they seem pretty adamant that they have done all they can as they have been looking for about 2 weeks now and cannot find a paper trail that I owe them this money. They are really not motivated to help me as I am paying them 2 points more then what this refinance would be now.
If it benefits you to provide a copy of the paperwork and get lower rate, then you should assist.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I cannot find it either. If I had it I would have given it to them just to get it over with.
Check if the title company or county clerk have some of the documents. A letter from a lawyer may press them to do a more thorough search or work with you despite complete paperwork.