Ask Attorney & Counselor Your Own Que...
Attorney & Counselor
Attorney & Counselor, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Counselor at Law with significant real estate law experience.
15568977

Can I get a judgement against a HOA IN ARIZONA, For Discrimination,

Can I get a judgement against a HOA IN ARIZONA, For Discrimination, Even if the Attorney General, Gave know Clear Opinion. The Insurance company is enforcing reservation of rights and not paying the claim. How do I get a HOA Pay cost of this litigation that they brought against me.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney & Counselor replied 7 years ago.
Hi

This is a tough situation.

If the HOA has no assets, and the insurance company will not pay, you will have a hard time collecting on any judgment.

You can work with your attorney to identify any assets that the HOA may have and collect against these assets.

If you win at trial, you will get a legal judgment. The judgment can be collected at any time in the future if the HOA accumulates assets at a later time.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If we were able to amend the case, and include the directors of the board,and include all board members be personally liable would it be a better situation.

The lawsuit probably cannot be amended in this way.

Board members cannot be held personally liable for acts done in a working capacity.