FlaRealEstateLawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Civil Litigator, Represents Small Businesses, Real Estate Attorney,

state of Fl, abandoned vehicle, landlord lien. How do I get

Customer Question

state of Fl, abandoned vehicle, landlord lien. How do I get a title to be able to sell vehicle, was left behind after tenant moved out
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  FlaRealEstateLawyer replied 7 years ago.
What type of car is it? year/model? Do you think its worth more than $400 dollars?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Car is 95 Nissan Maxima and does not run.Has 150,000 miles.
If you reasonably believe that the car is worth less than $500 dollars, you may dispose of it as you please. Otherwise:

715.104 Notification of former tenant of personal property remaining on premises after tenancy has terminated.--

(1) When personal property remains on the premises after a tenancy has terminated or expired and the premises have been vacated by the tenant, through eviction or otherwise, the landlord shall give written notice to such tenant and to any other person the landlord reasonably believes to be the owner of the property.

This statute also gives specifics about the notice requirement.

Contact the Fla DMV on detailed instructions to get title.

If this answer is satisfactory to you, please click on the Green Accept Button. A bonus would also be appreciated. You can continue to ask me any follow up questions.