FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

I received a notice of voluntary dismissal of defendants re;

I received a notice of voluntary dismissal of defendants re; a foreclosure and following that a plaintiffs motion for summary judgement including a hearing. Have they cancelled the foreclosure in lieu of a summary judgement and if so,how will it affect me ?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 years ago.
Was this a "PLAINTIFF’S NOTICE OF VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL WITHOUT PREJUDICE AS TO DEFENDANT"

Can you quote the caption of the notice (type in word for word)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NOTICE OF VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL OF DEFENDANTS          PLAINTIFF,WACHOVIA MORTGAGE,FSB.F.K.A.WORLD SAVINGS BANK,HEREBY DISMISSES THE FOLLOWING PARTIES,PURSUANT TO RULE 1.250,FLA.CIV.P: than gives names Than on the bottom says From the above-styled action without prejudice.   A few pages further Plantiffs motion for summary judgement including a hearing to tax attorneys fees and costs Than he put in an Affidavit as to amounts due and owing A total of 148,823.91
Did you receive the petition for summary judgement prior to this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No we were served a notice lis pendens .Count 1-Mortgage Foreclosure. 1. This is an in rem action to foreclose a mortgage on real property ----etc.Does this help ?
I'm going to forward this on to someone with a bit more experience...you should hear more shortly

best of luck

Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 5 years ago.

The expert that you were working with forwarded your question to be. I am happy to assist you.

Please tell me what your relation is to the action and the relation of the parties that were not dismissed from the action.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am The co-owner of the property being foreclosed on.This property is not my primary residence.This property is one of five that I bought since 92.I was in construction when it came to a halt,and was prepared for a slow down,but constrction has stopped.So my income has changed and I have decided to let 2 houses go to cut my losses.My last payment on this house was 03/01/08.I was served i was served my first papers on 10/03/08.A lawsuit filed against us for foreclosure.We were given 20 days to respond.I did nothing.Then 12/22/08 we get this notice of voluntary dismissal without prejudice.Then 2 pages later I see plaintiffs motion for summary judgement.Does this mean that the foreclosure has terminated and that they will attempt to get a judgement on whats owed ?

What appears to be happening is that the plaintiffs are proceeding against the property only. They may be interested in summary judgment for the property and dismissing some defendants. However, I strongly suggest that you have local counsel review the actual pleading to verify.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLANDNYLAWYER

Please hit ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonuses and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: 25 years of experience helping people like you.