Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

How do I add my name to a deed in Tarrant county, Texas

How do I add my name to a deed in Tarrant county, Texas?
You will have to get the record title holder of the property to execute a deed to you. If you want to own it jointly with the current owner, he/she can issue a deed from him/herself to him/herself and you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, jointly 50/50. We are not legally married in Texas, but it is widely assumed we are for many years. I want to protect my self in case something happens to him.

Ok. Just have the owner issue a quitclaim deed to himself and you. Have the deed signed and notarized, then take it to the county courthouse and have it recorded in the land records.

You can get an attorney to draft you a deed, or you can use the following link as a form to do your own:

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you. They all make it sound so difficlt (those I have asked). I knew it had to be easier. That's all, and it is legal? Thank you again.