INFOLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

my landlord is trying to kick me out and i have done nothing

my landlord is trying to kick me out and i have done nothing wrong !
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
Do you have a lease? why is the landlord trying to evict you?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
he and i had a disagrement and he got mad at me and told me to get out !! 3 people live upstairs and he allso lives upstairs with us, i rent a room and we all shair the bathroom , there r 2 officess down stairs and he will his dad owns the bld,

Do you have a lease?

what state are you in?

I need this information to assess the question better.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
look he has no reason to kick me out he got mad at me 4 saying something about someone and told me to get out of his apt, he put a ( 30 day notice countdown 27 days to evicition ) on my door !!
If you have a lease you cannot evicted unless you breached a term of the lease. If you dont have a lease, you are a month to month tenant and can be evicted on written 30 day notice for any reason.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i have a lease but its from month to month, so he can kick me out ?

Once the lease term ends, the landlord can choose not to renew. If you are in the middle of a lease term, you cannot be evicted for no reason or a non breach of lease reason. Please accept my answer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok then he put that not on my door that said 30 day notice countdown 27 days to evictionso do i pay rent 4 next month ? and if i dont pay my rent do i get my deposit back from him ?
If you have a 30 day notice, you need to pay thorugh the end of the month in which the 30th day lands. so notice today would take you through the end of Nov. You can ask if you can apply the deposit to the last month of rent. If landlord says no, then pay the last month and then demand the deposit. If deposit not returned, you can sue to recover it.