Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

What do I do about landlocked land in Alabama

There is a dirt road that runs to my property but there isn''t an easement specified on the deed.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

You likely can establish an easement to use the dirt road since it is the only means of accessing your property.

To properly establish the easement you will need to bring an "action to quiet title". This is an action to establish title against adverse claims to real property or any interest in the property.

Generally speaking, a complaint would have to be filed and served on the owner of the property. The owner would be given time to respond. Evidence would be presented to the Court and a determination made by the Judge. You will want to be represented by an attorney in this matter.

I hope that I have fully answered your question and the answer was helpful to you.

If you have any additional questions that you would like me to assist you with, you can start your question off with: This question is for FLANDNYLAWYER.

Please CLICK ACCEPT so I can receive credit - Bonus = job well done.

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE