Flagbridge-RE, Consultant
Experience:  Real Estate Consultant, Negotiator, Mediator, Arbitrator. Law Degree

I signed a contract in Nevada with a real estate

I signed a contract in Nevada with a real estate broker entitled, "Exclusive right to represent buyer and agency agreement" April 9. I later realized that it contains clauses which are very unfair to me, the buyer, and I want out of it. Is there a way to rescind this quickly since it was signed yesterday?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Flagbridge-RE replied 8 years ago.

Provided that the agent has not done any work for you thus far you can notify the agents that you do not want to proceed with this, and ask for a rescission. By law they do not have to provide you with a release.

You should highlight your concerns in writing. Nevada Statute does not provide for a 3 day waiting or cancellation period.

However the Board is very sensitive to abuse. If they refuse to cancel then you should file a complaint with the Nevada Real Estate Board HERE

If this helps please click ACCEPT.