Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience

My neighbor dumps his sump pump mdischarge deliberately ...

My neighbor dumps his sump pump mdischarge deliberately into my property?. What could I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer- You can and should file a suit against him for encroaching upon your property and for the damages he has caused to your property. No one is permitted to simply "dump" anything on someone else's property without their permission. You can file the suit in your local county or small claims court depending on the amount of the suit.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you very much for taking time to respond. What i would like to know is how do I file the suit?. I guess, I need a lawyer to go through the facts and file a suit. Could you give me a cost estimate and would you be willing?. I am in IL.

I am not permitted to represent clients in actual cases in this venue. You are permitted to file your own suit by filing a claim in your local court but it is far better to hire legal counsel as it can get complicated. It is also impossible for me to tell you what it will cost as lawyers in different areas charge different rates and it also depends upon how much time becomes involved in the case.

Most lawyers will make an appointment for a consultation at a fairly low cost which would give you and idea of the probability of success and the approximate cost.

Dave Kennett