Marc
Marc, Realtor
Experience:  2 Years Active Real Estate in Arizona, Residential, Land and Commercial.
5611035

Does Florida have a sellers remorse law I have signed an ...

Customer Question

Does Florida have a sellers remorse law? I have signed an agreement to sell and do not want to sell now. Feel I was manipulated into sale.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Marc replied 6 years ago.
Hi Pappy. Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer.

Could you explain your situation a little more.

-Whom did you enter into a contract with?

-Would you mind telling us specifically what you agreed
to sell and if you don't mind, for how much?

-Is this sale to take place immediately?

-Can you describe the document used for the sale?

-Did money exchange hands?

-I understand you feel you were manipulated into the
sale, can you describe the method of manipulation?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
A Canadian buyer represented by Premier Properties. A real estate office that both of us used. We each had separate people from same office.

Sold Our house for 540. Listed at 585.

Sale to close on May 15, 08

Residential sale and Purchase document used by real estate firm.

A 5,000 check was deposited by buyer, second depoite to be in within ten days.

Buyer's realtor came to my realtor with a first buyer a week before. Low offer and plaed with numbers and changing furniture request with more and more furniture for 5 days. Then pulled out when I refused to give him all furniture. First offer written very ambiguosly. Never said what buyer wanted. Second offer was another Canadian ( turns out to be first buyers friend. Used same #'s with 24 hour sign or no deal. Back and forth again and I got warn down and signed paperwork on 19th.

Now 24 hours later a third buyer comes in with offer of 25,000 more. Can I get out of first sell paperwork. Any ideas of what I can do. The first two offers with the same realtor I feel he worked the #'s and information was given between two friends.

There is a "Transaction Broker Notice" that states broker provides 1) Dealing honestly and fairly 2) Account for all funds. I feel that the first offer that came in with no funds ( by the same broker ) destroyed my trust in him because he did not submit a deposit as is customary and fooled my broker who thought money was in.

Help! I feel very manipulated!

Jim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I get your reply? It has been two hours?

Jim
Expert:  Marc replied 6 years ago.
Hi Pappy,

When I replied to your message it was 4:58am local time
and it was the end of my day, rather than the beginning.

I put in a email to my broker to ask his opinion of the
situation and his answer was very specific:

Call the agent's broker, tell them you feel as though
they were not dealing fairly and that you are not happy.

Additionally, if you feel the broker is unwilling to help
call the local Real Estate Commission.
[ http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/re/frec.html ]
Division of Real Estate
400 West Robinson Street, N801
Orlando, Fl 32801

Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr /> Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />

At this point, the only way the contract would typically
be broken is if the buyer cannot secure financing or
if repairs found during the inspection are refused to
be repaired or if you refuse a condition.

As you said, the first buyer pulled out when you >REFUSED SOMETHING<

I spoke with a broker that works for Premier Properties.
Florida does not have a Seller's Remorse law.

If the contract is legal and has been executed with two
sets of signatures, seller and buyer, the contract is valid
and will have to be upheld.

We cannot help beyond that except to suggest if you still
feel as though you were manipulated, act quickly, speak
to the buyer's agent's broker. Tell them your concerns.
If they do not satisfy you, call the Real Estate Commission.

If you are still not satisfied, you can seek legal counsel in
your area. Some legal aid companies do not charge or
have reduced fees.

I would tell you a couple places to try to contact but I am
just guessing you are near Naples?

Legal Aid Service of Collier County (LASCC)
[ http://www.legalaid.org/collier/housing.htm ]
They are for tenants but they could possibly tell you
whom to contact.

I hope you get this resolved properly Pappy, I'll be thinking of you.

-Marc