Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Printer is fine, I just don't know how to check and change

Customer Question

Hi Pearl: Printer is fine, I just don't know how to check and change ink cartridges. can you show me. I could do it on my old HP Ken.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I now have an Epson model XP 830
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I forget, I'm 97 and my memory is not the best.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I know of. Ken
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 11 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does your PC computer have Windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

To check ink cartridge status, please do the following steps on your printer's screen:

1. Press the Home button on your printer.
  2. Select option Setup.
  3. Select option Ink Levels.
    - Then the ink cartridge status is displayed on the printer's screen.
  4. Select OK or press the Home button to exit.

- If an ink cartridge is expended, you will see a message on the printer's screen. It will show which cartridge(s) need to be replaced. Then select Proceed. Then choose Yes, replace now.

- If you want to replace an ink cartridge before it has ran out or if it is not printing well, then on the printer's screen, press the Home button. Then select the option Maintenance, then option Ink Cartridge(s) Replacement. Then press the Start button (which is the diamond button / Copy button), and continue following the instructions on the printer's screen. Please click on the website below for full instructions / illustrations on how to change ink cartridges:

https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C11CE78201~faq-285238

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 10 days ago.

Do you have any further question? And/or do you need anything else for now?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you