Bob James
Bob James, IT Support Specialist
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certification & Network Support Certificate @ University of Phoenix
96807910

Paperr size menu on my epson 16500 does not show ledger

Customer Question

Paperr size menu on my epson 16500 does not show ledger (11x17) paper
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Brand new just bought
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Paper menu shows letter and three different sizes of postcards only
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I have uniunstalled and re-installed the printer twice and asked for any firmware updates
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am looking up information on your Eco-Tank printer model and will shortly get back to you...

Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

The 11 by 17 size, ledger size, is within your printer's specifications. Please tell me, where is that paper size loaded? it may have to be loaded specially, being that it is a larger size.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Other printers on the network can access that printer and get the 11x17 on their menus
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

So the printer is networked? OK... please tell me, what Windows (or MAC OS X if Apple) version is on the problem computer, and what similarly is on the other computers that do work. ?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
All windows
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

OK. What windows version or type (XP, Vista, 7, or 8/8.1, or 10) is on the problem computer, please?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Windows 10
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

OK. And what would you say, thinking about it, is in any way distinctive or unique about the (software or programs on the) problem Win 10 computer? security software differences, applications or usage differences, position in network regarding hubs and other network boxes, etc.?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
As far as I can tell we all have the same OS and are all connected by wifi
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

OK. How many Epson icons for the printer or printers are there, in

Control Panel

(Hardware category)

View Devices and Printers

? excepting the ones that are labeled 'Epson XXXX Scanner', or similarly ?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
15 items total 12 "printers" of which 4 are actual physical printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

OK. That could be confusing your ability to select the right printer.

One of those printer icons doubtless has a green (or perhaps black) check-mark on it. That would be the printer set as the Default printer, that gets the print job sent to it if you don't select a different printer than that one deliberately.

Are you trying to find the page size, and set the Paper Size, on the right printer, is the question I have to ask at this point. If it just isn't there for one icon or selection, or not there for the default printer selection, open the Print window, and select a different printer in the drop-down menu, then see if you can choose the 11x17 size for that printer.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Good thought. So I set a different printer as default and went to the paper selection and got the full menu including 11 x 17
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

Excellent! If that completely answers the question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface. A five-star rating best expresses appreciation of my efforts toward finding the right solution for you. Thanks, ***** ***** a great day!

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No No No- That printer is not at this site. Th eprinter I have here is the Epson 16500 which only lists "Letter" and four different postcards, no 11 x17. It is the printer here on site that I need to be able to set to 11 x 17
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

Then something is different about the 'on-site' printer's installation, relative to the 'off-site printer's installation.

Which of those printers did you try re-installing? if it was the former default printer that doesn't show 11 x 17, OK... but if it wasn't, the on-site printer is the one you need to do the uninstall on (by clicking once on, then Del-ing or deleting, the icon for it), then restart your computer, then re-install it.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the onsite printer Epson 16500 twice to no effect. the other people in the office with windows ten have installed this Epson 16500 and it works fine. Very puzzling.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
PS- If I restart this computer I will lose you, right?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

Yes, it is very puzzling. Since I am not making much progress with this case, it may be better for me to Opt Out and leave it to other Experts in this category... with the option to rejoin the case after I've had a bit of rest from it and perhaps thought of more to suggest.

You may return to this case, even if you restart, at any time, at

http://www.justanswer.com/printers/ahkxe-paperr-size-menu-epson-16500-does-not-show-ledger.html

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
OK- Thanks for trying.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

OK I have Opted Out, but will still be able to see and respond to any further / later postings to this case. Have a good day meanwhile.

Expert:  Bob James replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help.

I realize this question is from much earlier today, but if you still need assistance I am happy to help.

I have quite a bit of experience with networked printers, and it would be highly beneficial if I could connect remotely to the computer to have a look at some things. Would you be OK with a "Remote Assist"?

Thanks,
Bob