Simit
Simit, Engineer
Experience:  10 years of experience working with Printers and other Office IT equipment
15190142

I have a new wifi router and am trying to connect my

Customer Question

I have a new wifi router and am trying to connect my printer. It is telling me to enter a WPA security passphrase.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Envy 4500 wireless printer. We bought it in June 2014
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC and not sure what OS
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We installed a new wifi router last Friday. I tried printing yesterday
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Simit replied 11 days ago.

When you setup the router, you should have setup a password ***** be able to connect to the wireless router. That is the password ***** is asking for. There may have been a default password ***** on it. Please let me know the model number of the router so I can tell you how to get the default password.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
CGNVM2559
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No
Expert:  Simit replied 11 days ago.

Unfortunately, this modem/router doesn't have a default password ***** which means that it was most likely setup by your Internet Provider. Although you can reset the modem yourself, it may not have the correct settings for your Internet Provider.

You may want to check on the modem itself, as sometimes the password ***** configure is written on the modem/router, and you can then try using that password ***** the printer.

If not, you will need to contact your Internet provider to have the modem reset with a new password.

Please let me know if you need any more help with this. If I answered your question, please provide a positive rating.

Expert:  Simit replied 7 days ago.

Hello. Did you still need any help with this?