John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Lexmark S415 which I have been using for two years

Customer Question

I have a Lexmark S415 which I have been using for two years and now it will not print and tells me it is not connected to my computer. I have been using it regularly and did not disconnect.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Lexmark is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Serial number(###) ###-####5N 20/1112 I think four years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Lenovo
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: An issue for three weeks, and before that I was printing regularly
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I cleaned the printer heads and replaced each of the four ink cartridges Also have unplugged and re-plugged several times
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

If you try to make a copy from the glass, does that work?