Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

PC’s seem to have no problem connecting wirelessly to the

Customer Question

PC’s seem to have no problem connecting wirelessly to the printers: Lanier LD445c
Lanier LD 335.
But no one in the office has had any luck printing with a MAC to these computers.Any suggestion?
I have a MAC with the latest OS
I have called Apple and they were supposed to send me a list of air printers. I googled and wonder if it has to do with being on a wps network or something similar.Right now I get on a pc in the conference room or email the office manager but it is time consuming. Thanks
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: wirelessly
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Within this year...
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There are drivers built-in to the MAC OS X system, for printing from the most recent versions of MAC OS X, including Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks.

Now, those drivers do not include scanning as a function, just printing.

And it is quite possible that they are not networked-printer compatible.

One suggested workaround of sorts, for at least minimal printing function, is to add the printer in Printer Setup, and select to use the

HP Laserjet 5 Series GIMP-Print

driver (a generic PCL driver included in OS X).

But have the printer installs on the MAC computers, been done for network addresses, or had the local IP Address of the printer added in to the configuration? if that is even possible, it should be tried. (And if it's not possible, if there's no space in the driver as installed for an IP Address to be added in, then it isn't a network-compatible driver at all.)

Let me know, and I will make further suggestions as needed.