Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

We are having problems getting hp deskjet 2540 print scan

Customer Question

we are having problems getting hp deskjet 2540 print scan copy device to our computer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Deskjet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: exact model is: HP Deskjet 2540 print scan copy
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC HP Pavilion All-in-One
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: When my husband changed from cable to dish television company
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: this is all I can remember that happened when we started having printer connection problems
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Since you have changed the router/modem, you have to setup wireless again on your printer, or use a printer USB cable to connect the printer to the computer. You can try reinstalling the printer by following the instructions in the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-2540-all-in-one-printer-series/5295960/model/5295961/document/c03820126

If you are not able to do that, let me know if you can find a printer USB cable (just for setting up wireless).

Thank you

Customer/p>