s_feehan
s_feehan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  11 years of repair, 3+ in a professional setting
69400341

Keeps paper jaming, HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 4 months, PC and

Customer Question

Keeps paper jaming
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 4 months
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC and and Microsoft 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Today. Cleared paper jam though it still shows a paper jam and will not respond to OK. When I tried to copy again the paper got as far as the last roller before going into out tray then got jammed
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  s_feehan replied 8 days ago.

Couple things here, first and foremost it sounds like we may need a new roller kit, fortunately they're pretty inexpensive. https://www.amazon.com/OfficeJet-Pro-8710-Roller-Genuine/dp/B01N0ZK60B I would suggest taking some compressed air in the internals while replacing these items as well. There are sensors near the openings and internals that if they get dust or particulates on it it will register a jam.

Expert:  s_feehan replied 8 days ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions or concerns or if you're satisfied with this route.

Expert:  s_feehan replied 4 days ago.

Hi, checking in again, have you had time to look in to my previous solution?