Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

LC39 Just acquired second-hand, can;'t find user manual

Customer Question

LC39 Just acquired second-hand, can;'t find user manual online
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know how old. Brother LC39 Model MFC-J415W
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS 10.11.6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: also think I have been given worn cable to connect to computer. Can;t find where the one I have would fit
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Not worn, wrong
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 days ago.

The manual for your printer is available for download, here: http://download.brother.com/welcome/doc002816/cv_mfc415w_usaeng_busr_lx6602001.pdf

The printer uses a standard usb a/b cable: http://amzn.to/2qPt0QK

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I attempted to opt out of this question almost immediately after asking it, after seeing the cost; I am an Age Pensioner. Evidently I failed to click the correct box for that, or something may have gone through automatically. I am no longer in need of an answer, as am now using a different printer.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 days ago.

I apologize if there was any confusion, however you signed up for the service and paid the full agreed upon fee to the site.

I did in turn provide a complete answer within a few minutes of your question being posted.

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Asking for a refund or not paying the agreed upon amount has the effect of forcing me to work for free for my time spent helping you.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I appreciate your position, however I did not intentionally authorise this amount, would never have contemplated paying such a lot, and thought I had opted out of the site without giving the go-ahead for the job or any payment. If it were to be authorised now by my giving you a rating, that would leave me with $4.23 in the bank for the next 8 days, an impossible position which I am of course not willing to put myself in.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 days ago.

I can certainly understand your situation, and don't want to put you in a difficult position. I'm just explaining how the site works.

What I am saying is that you already authorized, were charged, and paid the full agreed upon amount. You did that on the payment page.

You have already paid the site. The rating step simply prompts the site to pay me from your existing fee for my time. Not doing it does not give you a refund, it just leaves me without credit for my work.