John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I changed the black printer cartridge and it keeps telling

Customer Question

I changed the black printer cartridge and it keeps telling me to reinstall it.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: WF 2660 CARTRIDGE 220 BLACK
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: DELL. I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM BEFORE
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: IT TOLD ME THE INK WAS LOW IN THE BLACK, I USE EPSON INK
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I HAVE TURNED IT OFF AND ON AND STILL IT TELLS ME TO PROCEED AND DOES NOT CHANGE MOVEMENT.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Are you using genuine/oem epson ink, or generic/refilled cartridges?
Can you tell me how you installed (what steps you took)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I USE EPSON INK AND INSTALLED LIKE I ALWAYS. THE PRINTER WORKED ONE TIME BEFORE ALL THE MESSAGES SAID TO CHANGE BLK INK AND NOW EVERYTIME I TOUCH THE PROCEED BUTTON IT KEEPS GOING AROUND THE SAME
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I AM NOT GOING TO PAY ANOTHER CHARGE FOR TROUBLE SHOOTING, I WILL GET ANOTHER PRINTER FIRST
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HOW DO I CANCEL THIS OFFER I REGISTER FOR
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You may cancel from the help page if you wish to. If you'd like to continue, I need complete and specific details, please. I have no way of knowing what you have always done, so I need you to actually give me the step by step process you followed for me to tell if anything is being missed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
CANCEL NOT INTERESTED
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

You may cancel from the help page. Posting here has no affect on what you were charged.