John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

New printer, unwrapping it and going through set up error

Customer Question

new printer, unwrapping it and going through set up error code 0xEA persists despite repeated efforts of turning off and restarting
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Expression Premium XP-830 what code am I double checking?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Haven't even gotten that far-just unwrapped it
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just took it out of box and unwrapped it-first time of starting it up
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: all I am doing is the very first set up process per the instruction sheet
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 11 days ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

This is one of the most common errors that occurs when the carriage caddy is jammed due to the packaging material being stuck, or if the cartridges are not seated properly. This error is usually on new printers when it’s first being setup.

A quick look inside keeping in mind the two causes above and addressing them will resolve the issue. In general, here’s what you need to do to fix the issue:

1) Open up the printer and ensure there is no material, tapes, or anything else stuck inside and the cartridges are seated in properly.

2) If reseating cartridges does not help, turn the printer off, take out the cartridges and inspect them carefully to see if any material is left over on the cartridges.

3) If no material is found, reseat the cartridges and check again.

4) If you still receive the 0xea error, please reply again.

And it would be great to know if you can reply too if my instructions helped and solved the issue.

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

I see that you´ve read my answer and was wondering if you´ve tried my tips and had success getting the printer to work?