John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

How do I hook up my Brother's Printer to my computer?

Customer Question

JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MFC-J835DW.....several years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: ThinkPad...Lenovo
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I deleted my printer from this computer because I Have 2 of the same printers -- 1 in FL and 1 in NY and couldn't figure it out. So, thought I could easily reinstall this one
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 7 days ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason