Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Help! I have an Epson NX420, running El Capitan 10.11.6>

Customer Question

Help! I have an Epson NX420, running El Capitan 10.11.6> can't get a scan connection wirelessly. trying to update driver and get really confused. MacKeeper and Unzippy want to download but I just want to update the driver. Can you help?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Several years old. Let me check.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Printer CD disk says, 2010. NX420 Series. Running on a mac, OS 10.11.6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Haven't needed to fax for a few weeks and now can't get a wireless connection to start the Scanning process.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: NO, printer has power. Is only connected to the computer by bluetooth connection. Reset the wifi password *****
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 days ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please go to the link given below, download and install the update.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1792?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Note : Please make sure that you are installing the update after downloading it. It is a big file, so it may take some time to get it downloaded.

Then, follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Then, use Imagecapture to scan from the computer. Follow the instructions in the link below.

http://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi , I was able to get the scanner to work from my desktop, but error message says there is not a connection.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 days ago.

Have you downloaded and installed the update I have given?

Are you able to add the printer after resetting the printing system?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I would like to try to reset the wifi connection first.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 days ago.

Please setup wireless on your printer by following the instructions in the link below.

https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C11CA80201~faq-182677

Thank you.

Customer/p>