John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

THe printer keeps telling me to unplug and unexpected error

Customer Question

THe printer keeps telling me to unplug and unexpected error has occurred and call technical support
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: CAnon MX892 about 6 years?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been ongoing for about 6 months. It will work fine and then all of a sudden give me this error. I did connect it directly to my desktop and took it off wireless thinking that was an issue
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No other than that it works great
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please