John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I bought a HP photosmart C4280 on ebay. Same as my old one

Customer Question

I bought a HP photosmart C4280 on ebay. Same as my old one but I am getting a message the the operating system is not supported and I cannot get my computer to "talk" to the printer,
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model CC210A
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 2013
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: My old printer (same type) paper feed died. Can't find anything in the store like it so tried ebay.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: CD for original printer had bar code CC200-10004. Ebay model CC200-10003.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

go here, what is your operating system? http://whatsmyos.com/

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Windows 2013
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

There is no operating system named that, did you go to link I provided?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no that's okay
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Windows 8
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are u still there?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have Windows 8 operating system. While I have been waiting for you to reply I have been playing around with the printer. I can get it to scan and save to the computer and can get it to access memory card from my camera and save to computer but cannot get it to print from computer.
Expert:  Jay D replied 1 month ago.

To allow me to connect and help you, please click on the blue link that says click here and accept the terms. Then download and run the screen connect file by double clicking on it with the left click mouse button – CLICK HERE