John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer will not allow me to print even though I have

Customer Question

My printer will not allow me to print even though I have installed 4 new cartridges. It states that the 250PGBK is missing so I can't print. Do I have to have all 5 cartiridges
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: MX922
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC - Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Said my ink was low, so I installed the 4 new cartridges. The 250 PGBK was low, and then my pages come out missing printed characters. I removed the 250 cartridge assuming that I had a full black cartridge but it will not print.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.