John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Continue to get message "We couldn't reach this printer..."

Customer Question

Continue to get message "We couldn't reach this printer..." I printed with it a few days ago and nothing has changed in the connections or settings since then. Scan feature still works. Online information suggested uninstalling, then reinstalling. Having moved twice since buying the printer, I'm unable to find the install disk. Is there necessary material available online?
BTW, during a brief, unsuccessful attempt to use the wireless, the downloaded Printer Status Report DID print.
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Gimme a sec, so ready to tell the other didn't think to note that.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Duhh, re-read your Q. HP Deskjet 3050 J610 seroes, using HP Pavilion w/Windows 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I've had the machine about 5 years, first time any issues with it. Printed simple list few days ago, worked just like always. No power outages that killed machine unintended, nothing else I know of. Just tried to pritn another list, got that and first thought maybe I'd unplugged something, checked it all and OK, later did unplug/replug all, still getting that "can't do it" note.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: That's all so far, pending specific Qs.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

How is the printer connected?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
USB
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

unplug the printer
go to start menu > control panel > devices/printers > right click on printer and choose remove
restart computer and then plug printer into different usb port

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Don't want the extra connection and charge, just chat answers. If that's not possible, I'll contact my card company to be sure nothing else is charged after this.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry, got call. OK, did that, different USB port used.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Able to do do the Printer Test Page OK but still get that message and no-can-do on trying to print my own stuff.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

I'm out of ideas on how to proceed, I will opt out and you will be notified once another expert picks up this question.

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

From which program you trying to print? Micrososft Word?

Thank you.

Customer/p>