John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Canon wireless MG 7700 series is not responding to my mac

Customer Question

Hi- My Canon wireless MG 7700 series is not responding to my mac computer. Computer is connected to wifi and I have rebooted by printer. It doesn't seem to be reading the signal from any device - computer or iPhone and it used to. Thanks, Alison
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No. It's new - this past fall.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Not sure what operating system. It started last week. Haven't been able to print since. One day it just didn't seem like it was connecting.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
On the printer's screen, are you able to go to the option LAN settings -> Wireless LAN setup -> Standard setup, then select / connect to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Do you see any of those options on your printer's screen?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's Ubee #DVW3201B
It doesn't let me do standard set up. It just says activate wireless LAN, when I hit that is automatically goes back to the main screen showing the wi-fi as on...

So you select the option called Wireless LAN setup, then what are all the next option(s) it shows?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Activate wireless LAN
Acruvate direct connect
Activate wired LANWhen I hit activate wireless if quickly shows
Processing, change LAN or activate LAN but then it doesn't let me choose it just flashes to the main screen looking like it's all good.

Please turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for a couple of minutes, then reconnect, then turn on and try again. Thank you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

How is it going? It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.