John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I can not get my printer to print, it keeps telling there is

Customer Question

i can not get my printer to print, it keeps telling there is no communication and I have done all the required steps as far as turning it off and on unplugging it, restarting my computer and nothing happens
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: model is x2650 maybe 8 or so years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc, windows 10 I believe
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i printed some forms on Friday and when i needed to print more on Saturday i got nothing i replace the ink cartridges thinking that was the problem but it still gives me nothing
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i tried a print test before i restarted the computer and it did nothing, but i printed after i started the computer but it isn't doing anything else now
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 days ago.

Do you use an USB cable to connect the printer to the PC?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
i would but i need a different card
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 days ago.

Sorry??

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
is there hope for this printer or do i need a new one?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 days ago.

Can you explain, what is exactly happening, when you try to print?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Lexmark productivity program tells me that there is no communication with the printer and it gives me steps to go through to get it to work, and then is doesn't this same message keeps popping up every time i try to print something. i was trying to print a document from a pdf file
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 days ago.

Can I directly connect to your PC and help you to solve the problem, it seems there is some technical problem causing this issue.