John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just got a new to me computer. I downloaded the canon

Customer Question

I just got a new to me computer. I downloaded the canon drivers online. I couldn't find my disc. Before, I could push scan on the printer and that brought up the printer page on the computer. Now, I have to go into the system preferences and manually open the printer. Also, I can't get the printer to print in color. Any suggestions?
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's never worked like this before. I believe it's an 07 MX310. I used it with an 07 MacBook. Now I have an 11 MacBook Pro. Besides the different computer, the only difference I see is originally, I downloaded the drivers from the disc and With the new laptop, I downloaded them online.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It's an 11 MacBook Pro with Sierra 10.12.4
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since I changed computers. I thought I explained that to you
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 days ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

After you click the "Securely Connect" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason