John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My HP Pavilion g7 is sending a print request to my HP

Customer Question

My HP Pavilion g7 is sending a print request to my HP Officejet 7210, the printer starts and makes the motions as if the print head is moving back and forth, but no ink on the paper. Cross checked the printer with another computer and It worked as normal. Evidently I'm missing a settimg on my computer some how.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 7210 All-in-One. Guessing 10--12 yrs old. Has been printing like a champ for years. Dont use the scan function. Tries earlier today to see iff I could find a driver upgrade and this model is no longer supported. Sounds like its my computer , not my printer.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, I believe windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Two days. Dont remember any significant event or noise.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: There are two tool bars at the top of the page, one had the printer Icon that I would use to signal I would like to print the page. The toolbar is diminished and the print Icon is gone. ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I'm not confused. I am frustrated.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Uranweb replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com , I am Serge, a Computer Expert and I will try my best to assist you.

While your printer may be out of warranty support, it still may have drivers for Windows 7.

Is it OK if I remote into your PC so I can assist you better?