John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a deskjet 2549 and want to scan a document. I had a

Customer Question

I have a deskjet 2549 and want to scan a document. I had a technician on the phone who told me my software needed to be updated and for a nominal fee he could do that remotely, but HP could not take my American express but could take my checking account number. This seemed wrong to me.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Deskjet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: deskjet HP 2549, macbook pro, os yosemite 10.10
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: bought all-in-one on 6/27/16
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i haven't tried to scan before today. have been printing fine
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Id also like to know about asking for my financ financial information and not sending an invoice and not accepting american express was appropriate?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 days ago.

Hi there. My name is***** am sorry that you are having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. I can provide the link to the correct software driver for your printer on your MAC computer. If you click on the link below and then click on download, yo can download the software to your computer.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL52008/mp-125743-5/HP-Deskjet-2540-series_v12.34.0.dmg

If you'd like for me to connect remotely and install the software while you watch, I can offer th eaddtional service of SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE, but it is completely optional.