s_feehan
s_feehan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  11 years of repair, 3+ in a professional setting
69400341

I've installed my printer to my laptop, but cannot install

Customer Question

I've installed my printer to my laptop, but cannot install it to the network. I recently moved and it was attached to the previous network.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: PIXMA MG2920 Canon.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, windows 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just moved last week, it was working on the last netword.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Sir.
Category: Printers
Expert:  s_feehan replied 2 months ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** it's 3:20pm here in Virginia, I found some information pretty comprehensive stuff to help get your printer setup on your new network... Assuming the networking hardware is new then we'll want to repeat the steps you may have done for the initial setup... The EASIEST way is if your router supports WPS connect, let's take a look at this link:

http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mg3540_printer_wireless_connection_setup/

Expert:  s_feehan replied 2 months ago.

Although the model number differs slightly it should have quite similar if not exactly the same method to setting up...

Expert:  s_feehan replied 2 months ago.

Here is an e-copy of your EXACT model's user manual http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/6/0300015746/02/MG2900ser_OnlineManual_Win_EN_V02.pdf

Expert:  s_feehan replied 2 months ago.

Page 24 on that PDF file will be the exact method you'd need to configure wireless... Again, similar to the last post... I really hope this helps you, and if it does PLEASE make sure to rate positively.