John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I had to get a new printer and now I am having problems

Customer Question

I had to get a new printer and now I am having problems printing. Cannon Pixma MX882 and HP Intel Core i3 laptop.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Bought it in March - brand new. I'll look for it.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: 15-AY041WM
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: PC, and like I said, since I got new PC.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was taking several minutes to initiate the print, then went low on ink, changed ink but now says that it won't print intuit. Also wont' print test page.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 days ago.

You got a new printer or new PC because, in your first line, you have written "new printer" and then later you have written "new PC".

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
New PC
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 days ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** you have connected the printer to the new PC?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No, don't want to switch.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Wireless
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 days ago.

Sorry, I am facing some technical problem on my side. Do you have installed the printer software and driver properly on your new computer and do you have windows 10 on it?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
to Windows 10. Not sure about driver/printer software being installed properly.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 days ago.

If I give you the link, will you be able to download and install the driver and software for the printer, if you wish then, I can do that using the secure remote service. Please let me know.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I want to be able to understand what to do, I do not want to watch you do something. I will just take somewhere locally. Thank you anyway. Should have saved that money.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 days ago.

I have given you two solutions, one I can give you the link and you have to download and install the driver and two I can do that remotely, what is the difference between taking it to somewhere locally and I am doing it by remote support, if you bought a new PC and unless you install the printer in it, you cannot use the printer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
If you have answer, provide. Give link, I do not wish to provide remote access.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 days ago.

Remote access it not necessary, but I do not understand that you can get the PC to anyone else but cannot give me remote access, what is the reason for that? Anyway, please download the printer software from the link below and reply me back, before proceeding.

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0100003260/03/mp68-win-mx880-1_02-ea24.exe

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Am not able to download. I think we are through. I appreciate your help but I think I'll be better satisfied elsewhere. I have found my installation disc and am attempting to reinstall the printer.
Thank you.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 days ago.

You cannot use that disc, because that disc do not contain software or driver for Windows 10, if you use that disc, it will create new problems.