John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have recently moved from Indiana to Florida and am trying

Customer Question

I have recently moved from Indiana to Florida and am trying to set up my HP officejet pro 8600 to also work as a fax machine. How do I change the phone number from an Indiana one to a Florida one? I have dial tone, but because it is still listed as an Indiana number, I cannot either send or receive faxes?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I am guessing 4-5 years old and where would I find the model number?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Printing from my HP laptop and what do you mean as far as Operating System/
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have just hooked up the printer and had my land line installed in Florida, so it was last working in Indiana in mid December but that was with the Indiana number!
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really - just how do I change my Indiana number(###) ###-####to my new Florida number(###) ###-####
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Would you be able to help me easier if you could connect to my device, or is that even a possibility since it is a separate printer and not my laptop? I am assuming I need to change this number manually in settings or somewhere else on the machine?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 days ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 days ago.

Are you able to print from your PC?