s_feehan
s_feehan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  11 years of repair, 3+ in a professional setting
69400341

Copies are coming out wrinkled and smudged. it is almost

Customer Question

copies are coming out wrinkled and smudged. it is almost like the copy is printed twice once plain and then again very faintly.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: MFC9340CDW not sure how old it is but i would guess 5 or 6 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Well our clerk went on sick leave on March 16 and we got a new clerk and the problem was there when she took over so i'm not sure how long its been going on
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We just replaced the drum cartridges, the former clerk had them ordered because the message was on the screen. we replaced them when they arrived. thats about it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  s_feehan replied 2 months ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** I hope to shed some light on this, it sounds VERY likely that the fuser is failing / failed and/or there is a sticking roller... Typically this would require a "Maintenance Kit" replacement which I can help you find if you'd like, if not, I could help you find a suitable replacement if there isn't anyone you'd trust or have to perform this repair on your printer.

Expert:  s_feehan replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know when the best times to work on this with you may be, I'm available now and will be until 12pm EST and away for lunch for an hour, then free until 5pm est.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this something I would have to purchase?
Expert:  s_feehan replied 2 months ago.

Hi there, sorry for the delay. Yes a maintenance kit can be found pretty much anywhere, like here: https://www.amazon.com/Brother-LY6753001-Fuser-Fixing-Unit/dp/B0141MIA0O

Expert:  s_feehan replied 2 months ago.

This is the fuser and part of the feed system. this should be everything you need to repair the unit.

Expert:  s_feehan replied 2 months ago.

Good morning, I'm just checking in again to see if you had any other questions or if I could request a favorable rating for my services today. I'll be here till 5pm est to assist.