Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

The printer reports a paper jam even though there is no

Customer Question

The printer reports a paper jam even though there is no evidence of paper jammed in the printer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: my printer model is brother MFC-J65200W Professional series
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am printing from a dell pc approximately five years old. I am not sure of the operating system.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The issue occurred about 20 minutes ago. There was a troubleshoot warning on my computer concerning the printer. I successfully printed information 2 hours ago. The printer continues to insist that there is paper jam front and rear even though there is no paper jammed in the system
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Only that I am unfamiliar with the workings of computers and technology in general, so will require explanations expressed in simple terms.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

This could be a printhead position or paper path sensor error.. So lets methodically go through the steps on this page, and it should solve the issue.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=as_ot&lang=en&prod=dcpj100_all&faqid=faq00002918_009

Let me know whether or not this fixes the issue, thank you.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.