John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Officejet 6100 shows a paper jam. I've followed all the

Customer Question

My Officejet 6100 shows a paper jam. I've followed all the tec. support hints, unplug, turn off, clear the "jam" which wasn't a "jam' and now it won't quit showing that dang "jam". It won't work
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Officejet 6100. We have a warranty (08-19-16) for two years. I've got no idea how old it is, couple of years, maybe
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Running Windows 10. QuickBooks 16. One message tells me it can't print from Intuit. But that paper jam light keeps blinking
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Before this started, the printed showed it was out of black ink. I opened the package myself, so I know it was a new cartridge I installed, then the jam thing shows up. It just started about an hour ago...right before I could run payroll.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please