Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

How do I find a x2500 printer driver for Windows 10? X2530

Customer Question

How do I find a x2500 printer driver for Windows 10 ?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: X2530 Not sure how old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The print queue fills up but it won't print. I can't get the alignment routine to work
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Windows 10 seems to be the problem
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

unfortunately, lexmark x2530 is not compatible with windows 10

as per lexmark, the printer software was designed before windows 10 was released and windows 10 will not be able to sync with the printer to perform any functions

though the printer might get detected and may install on the pc but printing functionality will not work on windows 10

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

you may either use the lexmark with a compatible pc running either windows xp, vista or windows 7

else for windows 10, you will have to upgrade the printer which means buy a printer that's compatible with windows 10

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

i hope you understand that this is a hardware limitation by the printer manufacturer and that is why this printer will not work on windows 10

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating if your question has been answered by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. In case you want to get in touch with me use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button on justanswer email and I will be happy to answer your question. Thank you