John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Brother 2240d has begun jamming in a strange way. the

Customer Question

My Brother 2240d has begun jamming in a strange way. the paper comes almost out and then stops, with the page already printed. when I take it out and reset the machine it tries to print again, often with the same result.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 3-4 years old Brother HL-2240D. I have never had major trouble until now apart from the usual print jams. this is not like those.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, Windows 7.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It happened just after I put in a new toner cartridge. I have taken that out and reinserted it, to no effect. At first I thought it was just the computer overheating as I had just done a large print run. L switched off and let it cool and it seemed to briefly get better and then recurred.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I use 120 gsm paper at present. Aside from that I can't think of anything.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kevin T replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 2 months ago.

Could I connect and have a look?