John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a HP 6520 Photosmart Printer, running on an IMAC -

Customer Question

I have a HP 6520 Photosmart Printer, running on an IMAC - OSX 10.11.6 and black is being cutoff. I just updated the driver. Color appears to print all right. I have cleaned the heads Re-alligned and used a qtip to clean the black print head on the device I have also update the driver software to the most recent driver
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: HP Photosmart 6250
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: at least 6 years old MAC - OS - OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have been working on this for about 6 months. It just started one day. Every thing was working fine until this issue started.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have tried replacing all of the ink cartridges at least twice. No, I do not think so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How will you be assisting me?
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

All of the steps that you have tried are the troubleshooting steps before replacing/repairing the print head on your printer. Since you have tried all steps prior to that step, the next step is to have the printer repaired/replaced. The bad news is that your printer is not covered under warranty anymore and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new printer. You can buy a new printer for around $50 at a local electronic store such as Best Buy.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
basically you really cannot help me, correct?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If that is correct, should I not be refunded the cost of this transaction?