Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

PRINTER NOT PRINTING, HPPHOTOSMART 6520 ABOUT 5 YRS OLD,

Customer Question

PRINTER NOT PRINTING
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HPPHOTOSMART 6520 ABOUT 5 YRS OLD
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: ACER LAB TOP
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: PUT IN NET PRINTER CARTRIDGE
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your printer issue today.

It sounds like when you put in the new cartridge that something either got knocked out of place, your printer doesn't recognize the new cartridge, or there is still packing tape on the cartridge. Here is what we need to do.

1.) Pull out ALL of your cartridges. Inspect to make sure that there is no debris on your ink cartridge connectors. Unplug the printer.

2.) Let the printer sit with no power for 5 minutes. This will clear the memory and clear any static that may have gotten into the machine.

3.) Plug the printer in and turn it on. The printer should tell you to reinstall the ink cartridges. Go ahead and reinstall the cartridges.

4.) Once that is done, you should be ready to do a test print. Try to do that.

If you are still having issues, please reply to this thread and we will try something else.

If this resolved your issue, please remember to rate my answer with 5-stars in the top right hand corner of the thread so that I may receive credit for assisting you today!

Thank you!

Were you able to resolve this?