crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

HP photosmart C44580 printer, about 8 or 9 years old model

Customer Question

HP photosmart C44580 printer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 8 or 9 years old model Hp Photosmart C4580
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac do not know what system I am running
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The problem just started. When I go to print it says cartridge jam. I do what what I am told and after some tries it prints. Then when I go to print again the same problem pops up
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

If the issue continues with a carriage error then the print head likely needs to be replaced on your printer. At 8-9 years old, the printer has "outlived" the normal life of a printer and the print head is likely damaged.

I would recommend that you contact HP to see how much they would charge for the print head replacement so that you can determine if the cost of the print head is worth the price or if you should purchase a new printer. Their direct number is 1-***-***-**** and let them know that you need a print head replacement.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.