crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

I have an HP printer that has two broken hinges. Is it

Customer Question

I have an HP printer that has two broken hinges. Is it possible to purchase two hinges and what would be the cost
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Printer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Who do I contact and what information dos they need?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Office jet 86450
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: OS10
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Basically I am trying to decide if it is cheaper to replace the hinges or the entire printer
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

I do not see those parts readily available online so you would need to contact HP warranty to see if the parts are available for purchase.

Please call 1-***-***-**** so they can look up if those parts are available and the cost for the parts. From there, you can compare their cost to if you should purchase a new printer instead.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.