If the laser module needs repairing that would be a costly undertaking. It may be better to buy another printer if it comes down to it.
There are a few steps that can be tried before we can be sure the problem cannot be circumvented.
Instruction for Service Diagnostic
1. Switch on the power.
NOTE: Step 2 must be performed within 4 seconds to enter diagnostics.
2. Press the Clear button, press the Exposure Mode button, press the Clear button, and
press the Exposure Mode button.
a. All lamps on the Control Console will go out.
b. The copy count display will become blank.
3. Using the Copy Quantity button(s), select the number 25
4. Press Start.
5. Using the Copy Quantity button(s), select the number 10
a. Pressing the Copy Quantity "ones" button increases the count by one. Pressing the
Copy Count "tens" button increases the count by 10.
b. Pressing and holding the % button while pressing the Copy Quantity "ones" button
will decrease the count by one. Pressing and holding the % button while pressing the
Copy Quantity "tens" button will decrease the count by 10.
6. Press the Start button.
7. Check The Polygon Motor comes on for 30 seconds.
Please check to see if this resolves your problem. If not, then try it a second time.
If you are comfortable using tools to get access to connectors on the main board, then you can also try the following process
to reseat connectors to the main circuit board. If you are not comfortable it may be better to have the printer serviced.
Switch off the MainPower Switch. Disconnect the Power Cord.
1. Remove theDocument Cover Assembly.
2. Remove the RearCover.
3. Remove the sixscrews and the PWB Cover.
4. Disconnect all the Ribbon Cables and Harness from the Main PWB. Be
5. Reconnect all cables and assemble all covers.
6. Turn on machine and check again for Fault Code
7. Enter diagnostic mode, Enter diagnostic code 25-10. The Polygon Motor comes on for 30seconds. (instructions above)
8. Power Off and On the printer and check for fault code. If problem persists replace PN 062N00142 LASERMODULE
Please let me know if you are successful in getting rid of the error message.