Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Dell 3115n printer fuser issues. Just installed a complete

Customer Question

Dell 3115n printer fuser issues. Just installed a complete maintenance kit, fuser, rollers and belt. Receiving error: Reseat fuser contact support. Have remove and replace fuser multiple times but not change.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There may be a problem with the power supply or a control board inside the printer. Since putting one new fuser did not cure the indication, that's a reasonable supposition.

Of course, before calling for servicing - or, replacing the printer perhaps - you should at least try turning Off the printer for at least 2 hours, to cool off and reset thoroughly, with it unplugged from the power for that duration.

Then see whether it comes up without the error. If the error persists, I would call for servicing - unless the maintenance kit is in the least bit dubious, or if it came without instructions on how to put it in properly, etc.

Let me know and I will advise you further as needed and as appropriate.