crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

It is a Brother DR 1070 .I have a pare jam and can't get the

Customer Question

it is a Brother DR 1070 .I have a pare jam and can't get the paper out. Directions say remove toner cartridge and I can't do this.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Brother 1070 and I am using TN1070 cartridge
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Only an issue since last night. A couple of monor paper jams before this one.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

You mentioned that you cannot remove the cartridge -- Why are you unable to remove them?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not sure I have done it before but it does not slip out easily. I lift the green thing and it clicks up but won't go any further. Do not want to risk breaking somethng
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you not answering because it is a dumb question or because i do not want to do the $55 securely connect thing?

It does take a minute or two for a response -- After I am alerted, I will need to type a response back to you.

If you open the lid, does the carriage come to the center so that you can remove the cartridges?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think the cartridge is in the centre. It is the thing with a green handle and 'brother' on the black bit above it - right?

Yes, now open the carriage and remove the ink cartridges

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where do I open the carriage?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How? Once I have lifted up the green thing, nothing seems to want to move.

Take a look at the printer image that I am attaching to determine if that is your model

Previously, you listed the model as DR-1070 which is not the printer model number.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Right. the ink cartridge is out. Now what I can see the paper through the back of the green thing

As a future note, the model of your printer is the HL-1110.

Click here: http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=hl1110_us_eu_as&ftype3=1969&faqid=faq00000308_022

Take a look at the steps to remove the inside of the printer so that you can reach a jam inside of the printer.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.