crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

My xerox phaser 3250 is printing with a vertical line

Customer Question

My xerox phaser 3250 is printing with a vertical line showing up on the left hand side of the page. How do I prevent that from happening
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Xerox is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the model number is ***** and we bought it 4 years ago. This is the first time the vertical line has ever shown up. the serial number is *****
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just started today
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Are the vertical streaks: white or black streaks?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One light black vertical streak on the left hand side of the page

Remove the cartridge and shake it gently then put it back into the printer and try printing again

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We did that and it helped a little, so we decided to get a new cartridge. We expect here tomorrow and when we install it, I will see if the vertical line goes away. Thank you for the update

Thank you for giving me an update. The black streak is usually an issue with the cartridge and a replacement should fix the issue.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.